And again another one missing at Yella!

luderick -angler

Yeah tragic news. No mention of nationality. Soon the Govt will make it very difficult for rock fishermen to pursue the sport. Off tomorrow morning, for my 'safe spot'. Got a few at the 'T' piece, Yamba, last week. Huge seas up there as well. Swell died down on the day we left (Saturday).

while its sad that a fisherman lost his life if your stupid enough to fish somewhere that is obviously unsafe even to blind freddy then you have no one to blame but yourself, it's the darwin theory in full effect only the strong and smart survive obviously he wasnt all that smart

What will happen this section will be closed off all together and No Access will be allowed anywhere.

There is no need to fish that far out as there are plenty of other productive spots along there. A little bit of burley

Will bring them around. Besides drummer,blackfish a good size trevalley can be caught from the ledges inside that bay.

If you are actually up to speed and know the area this is on Commonwealth land and you can be fined for tresspass theres signs both at Nth Malabar carpark and South Maroubra carpark! the whole headland is meanto be a no go zone since WW1 many times they have tried to fence it off and done so unsucessfully it is a huge local recreation area and I have never heard of this law being enforced in my 20 odd years fishing out there! Though if needed it is there to enforce nad no doubt may be effected! I made comment elswhere on this tradegy and the difference is the educated an th uneducated it's knowing your ledge and judging those guys should have been no where near this place!

Add another one to the list!

I know that rock between Freshie and Curl Curl - it is a dangerous spot. The ok spots to stand are not good for fishing, with kelp in the water below, but the better spots for fishing frequently get clobbered by waves. I've only fished there once, and didn't like the unpredictable way the waves kept coming up the rocks, even on a calm day. It felt like the shape of the headland was causing reflected waves to set up occasional but huge rushes of water at the rocks.

It looks like this fisherman was washed off at low tide, on a day with a really low tide. It makes be wonder if he'd gone down to collect some bait close to the water.

my thoughts go out to the families.

I know that rock between Freshie and Curl Curl - it is a dangerous spot. The ok spots to stand are not good for fishing, with kelp in the water below, but the better spots for fishing frequently get clobbered by waves. I've only fished there once, and didn't like the unpredictable way the waves kept coming up the rocks, even on a calm day. It felt like the shape of the headland was causing reflected waves to set up occasional but huge rushes of water at the rocks.

It looks like this fisherman was washed off at low tide, on a day with a really low tide. It makes be wonder if he'd gone down to collect some bait close to the water.

my thoughts go out to the families.

is that the spot they call flatrock just past south curl curl