warragamba dam

eniax

No Mate.

All waters in the dam are closed to fishing & have no public access at all.

In the old days you may have been able to get away with a sneaky fish.

These days, as it is Sydney's main water supply, you will get locked up & interrogated for a while at best if you are caught.

It won't be a pleasant experience so don't do it!!

Cheers,

Grant.

No fishing, but as an aside I worked on the lifts there years ago and the Sydney Water blokes were saying that if the spill is opened for a while they get a rampage of eels heading for the wall. Apparently they only breed in the salt but their kids somehow make it back to the otherside of the dam.

And yes there are a heap of fish in there.

Dave

LOL- Mate I have spoken at length with all my co-conspirators about the 30lb monster trout in Burragorrang and the "lucky" people emplyed there that most likely fish the Lake- but, an $11,000 fine which what I have read and been told is very likely- and the fact that the "restricted area" around the lower Cox's and Burra - are monitored "regulalrly"- isn't worth it- mind you this has been table talk every Kanangra Trip- yet, sometimes you need to just dream. No doubt there are monster trout in there.......

You can fish the Cox's and Burragarang rivers, just be aware of the no go zone as you head down stream.

I've fished the Cox's upstream towards Megalong Valley and there are some thumper trout in there!

I'm sure if you rang Sydney Water they'd be able to tell you where the restricted catchment area starts.

Used to know a guy who lived at The Oaks & he regularly fished the lake. Many times was chased by security guys but never was caught. He showed me pics of brown trout that must have been well over 5kg & rainbows almost as big. Lucky bastard. Not sure I'd try it these days though