Balmoral

fishsong

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if Balmoral or Clifton Gardens landbased is any good lately?

Haven't been for a while and keen to get into a few...

Thanks all..

Hi,

I took the kids to both Balmoral and Cliftons one day after the other, he loved it eventhough we didn't catch anything but he loved the playground :)

nothing at cliftons 2 weeks ago, 4hrs at balmoral and only saw one guy caught a huge flathead, 1 guy missed a huge king.

Cheers,

I've been squidding at Balmoral for the last 2 afternoons for nothing. Some other fishos were trying for yakkas without any luck either. The water has been pretty clear, if you cast out towards the moored boats you will have a good chance for trevally. Bait of choice for me there is pillies or yakka (live if possible). Salmon have been pretty plentiful there of late too. Good luck!

Mate, Definitely Balmoral. I have fished there a few times in the last few months. I had a god haul of 2 legal trevally, 52cm flathead, Squid and 2 blue swimmer crabs. I usually fish with 3 rods. One with a live yakka, ganged pillie or bonito fillet. Another with a prawn and the last with either a pilli cutlet ot fillet. Always get flatheads on the prawns while you are mre likely in tapping into a salmon, bonito or king on a livie. Lots of trevally arund the wharf. Just drop a handline over the side with a tiny piece of prawn or pilli and i got a 32cm trev like this!

good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...