Shimano Catana

clemsy

Hi buddy, I have owned 3 7 foot catana 2-4kg spin sticks. Whilst they are an entry level stick, I have given my rods help over a few years and think they are a reasonable bang for your buck rod.

Saying that I have broken 2 over the last month. 1 my buddy broke taming intova steel Chanel marker and the other I snaped in half at the feral. Both situations where opperator erorr. Reading shimano catalog,

The latest range of Light catana spin sticks will all feature the split butt design

Guest SnaggedAgain

Love the rod. Broke 2 - completely my fault. The tackle shop was decent enough to replace the first one as a favor but didn't push my luck the second time. But I will surely go for a third one. The rod has a very nice feel to it. Love the wight and the cork grips. They were my 'go to' rods when the summer nights were terrible inside the house and I needed to get by the water. Bought mine for $59. Caught breams, flatties, trevallies, l.jackets, snappers & mullets with that one.

Hi mate I have two 2-4kg 662 catanas and one 6-8kg 701 all of which I won at a tournament and they are probaly the most used rods I have by far. I have caught a 3.5kg jewie, big stiped tuna, rat kings all on my 2-4kg stick and it has never let me down. Great rods and when I saw the price of them I was even more amazed. Cheap yet very strong and durable they also have a great feel when fighting the fish and soft tip which absorbs all the headshakes

hi mate, I have 2 * 2-4kg rod and 1 snapper rod. They're all 7 ft spin rod. I love 'em and would strongly recommend as the price is reasonable and cheap.

I have snapped twice for 2-4kg rod on bonito and king. I would recommend you to use a net if you hook on decent fish and do not try to lift. You won't get tired if you spin whole day.

How did you snap the two rods?

Sorry for late reply :)

I lift up bonnie and it snapped. Another time was hooked on king and went under wharf. Afraid of losing the fish and tighten my drag then put bit of tension on rod and it snapped haha. Maybe it was the angle that rod bends.

My local tackle shop was very kind enough to give me replacement :) From there, I have been netting most of the catch now and have been very happy with my catana.

Mate they are a great rod but just like any other rod you dont want to bend them too much.

if your lifting big fish your better off using a landing net as the light action rods are not designed to lift bigger fish, in saying that its a great rod for the price tag but try to get the 2 piece rod as the one piece can be broken easily if you dont take care,

Regards,

Nathan

Edited by beginner