my boat is in my house?

mad_mullet

hi people last thursday 8-9-11 6am in the morning i was woken by a huge bang, a car travelling along henry lawson drive in east hills lost control viered off the road and strait through my fence and slammed my boat that hard it jumped it 3 feet off the trailer and into our loungeroom wall, the impact was so great it shifted the house 2 inches off its foundations, the boat came crashing back down to bend the trailer and land strait again,my bedroom being 5 metres behing the boat im thinking myself really lucky, they said if it werent for the boat being there the car would have been in our kitchen on the other side of the house, just goes to show the strength of a good old bertram,luckily all of our family are safe and still walking and there was no casualities from the car, i have attached a link from channel 10 news of the event, if you take notice the concrete slab of veranda has been moved a foot of the house and its hard to see but on the front of the house where the cladding has a hole there is a blue mark from the blue gunnel rubber of the boat,,, all i can say is we are all lucky no one was injured in our family and a new boat mad mullet 2 is on the way

cheers andy

That is truly lucky Andy and it just makes sense to own a boat I reckon :yahoo: thankyou for sharing that with us.

I am so relieved no one was injured.

Regards Stewy

Hey andy i live just up the road from you , heard of a car in a house the other day and that it was quite bad.Driving to work yesterday i saw mad mullet :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes: But still didn,t realise your house was the comotion the other day all i thought was bloody hell you,ve put mad mullet through some sought of war zone :1fishing1: .

The main thing your all un hurt and boats , houses etc all can be fixed.Remember years back the truck went through the duplex up at the roundabout and they were at work how lucky were they also.

Can,t wait to see mad mullet 2

chris.

hi people last thursday 8-9-11 6am in the morning i was woken by a huge bang, a car travelling along henry lawson drive in east hills lost control viered off the road and strait through my fence and slammed my boat that hard it jumped it 3 feet off the trailer and into our loungeroom wall, the impact was so great it shifted the house 2 inches off its foundations, the boat came crashing back down to bend the trailer and land strait again,my bedroom being 5 metres behing the boat im thinking myself really lucky, they said if it werent for the boat being there the car would have been in our kitchen on the other side of the house, just goes to show the strength of a good old bertram,luckily all of our family are safe and still walking and there was no casualities from the car, i have attached a link from channel 10 news of the event, if you take notice the concrete slab of veranda has been moved a foot of the house and its hard to see but on the front of the house where the cladding has a hole there is a blue mark from the blue gunnel rubber of the boat,,, all i can say is we are all lucky no one was injured in our family and a new boat mad mullet 2 is on the way

cheers andy

Well thats shet!

And right after you finished all the improvements on the old gamefisher.

I'd hate to see such a great boat gone from my local waterway I hope you manage to get the mess sorted out and fix her up to better than previously with a bit of luck.

Cheers

Musty