Corrimal Beach 18/09/2011 morning session

davido

Went out to Corrimal beach and arrived at 5:30am, a long grooooooling 5 minute drive.

Casted out around 5:45, using pilchards on gangs and pillie fillets on 4/0 circle hook (as a raider suggested i use)

Around 7:20am i get my first hit, fairly big hit but didnt hook up. A few not very polite words later and raising a single fist at the sea, I baited up another fillet and casted out again. 10mins later while i was checking my other rod, my uglystick bent over and slammed on the ground out of its holder (not snapped just thrown on the ground by the fish). Quickly ran over and heard my drag going nuts. Pick the rod up and started to fight the fish. Seeing how heavy it felt on the rod i thought i should play it safe and just tire the fish out. Was an awesome sight to see since it was the first time i saw a fish jumping out of the water repeatedly. Finally 10-15mins later i tired him out and set my drag a bit higher and pulled him up the beach, fairly far away from the water just incase those low swells create a freak wave :tease:

18092011074.jpg

Here it is still alive and well, i quickly grabbed my fone and took a pic, if u look carefully u may see the hook and line still in

Got em home and measured it up(tho i compared it to my rod holder which i mark out every 10cm a long it with legal fish sizes)

18092011075.jpg

Smashed my record of 46cm by 10cm. New PB of 56cm. Was definetly worth the early morning and long drive :biggrin2: and sacrifice of no sleep to catch this one! now to do my uni assignment which is due tonite :thumbup:

Davido