Polar Boats?

bigsteve

yeah mate,

4 Stroke

US

cheers

Hi, just bought a boat from the US and based on all of the research i did ( a hell of a lot ) come to the conclusion they were not great. I bought a Trophy 2302 based. In the US Trophys don't get the best wrap but they are great boats, yanks just hold onto the Bayliner part and we know how sh*t bayliners are. A few brands that i liked were Keywest, Trophy 2004 onwards, Seahunt ( Triton ) Seaswirl. Check too cause some boats have wood construction and some dont. Polar boats could be ok but not enough research available on OZ forums. Stick with what ya know i reckon. I really liked the Seaswirl 2301 ( 2003 and after no wood ) but didn't buy it as it has no positive buoyancy where as the Trophys do. The Hull Truth is a trove on info, get on there and check it out. Anymore info just PM me, glad to help.

We also just got a boat from the US. Looked at the Polar range but wasn't able to compare to some of the other brands.

We ended off getting a Robalo 235 wa and am very happy with it. Definitely worth looking at the Robalo's as well as the more well known brands (at least more well known over here).

Polar boats aren't to bad for the price of them but they are built to a pretty tight budget, they are not to the same quality as a top line US boat. Cheaper fittings, pumps, poorer quailty S/S etc, but aslong as you are aware of it they pretty good bang for you buck. A 2004 model I would have a survey done on it before I sent the cash over as it might save you alot of headaches. How much are they asking for it? and how many hrs on the engine?

• 1 year later...

Hi, just bought a boat from the US and based on all of the research i did ( a hell of a lot ) come to the conclusion they were not great. I bought a Trophy 2302 based. In the US Trophys don't get the best wrap but they are great boats, yanks just hold onto the Bayliner part and we know how sh*t bayliners are. A few brands that i liked were Keywest, Trophy 2004 onwards, Seahunt ( Triton ) Seaswirl. Check too cause some boats have wood construction and some dont. Polar boats could be ok but not enough research available on OZ forums. Stick with what ya know i reckon. I really liked the Seaswirl 2301 ( 2003 and after no wood ) but didn't buy it as it has no positive buoyancy where as the Trophys do. The Hull Truth is a trove on info, get on there and check it out. Anymore info just PM me, glad to help.

The more you read the harder it get, i have been offered a Sea Hunt victory 225wa, looks god but i do not know much about these boats, the limited reports suggest they are better than trophy but not as good as BH or grady whites, i am also considering a Trophy 2102, Robolo look like great boats but too heavy to tow in e walkarounds

Any advice appreciated

The more you read the harder it get, i have been offered a Sea Hunt victory 225wa, looks god but i do not know much about these boats, the limited reports suggest they are better than trophy but not as good as BH or grady whites, i am also considering a Trophy 2102, Robolo look like great boats but too heavy to tow in e walkarounds

Any advice appreciated

Go for the Victory 225, very popular boat in the states. The Keywest 2300 bluewater is a great boat too, you can put 300hp on the back!

Only issue may be resale here as those 2 are not as popular as some other brands,