Need advice on boat upgrade

puregeek

Hi All,

Looking at upgrading from my allycraft 4.35 to something bigger. This is the criteria i was looking at.

- 5-5.5m

- Cuddy cabin or centre cabin

- 2005 onwards

- Aluminium

- Off shore capable

Budget is around the 20-23 mark. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Geek.

Edited by puregeek

Hi All,

Looking at upgrading from my allycraft 4.35 to something bigger. This is the criteria i was looking at.

- 5-5.5m

- Cuddy cabin or centre cabin

- 2005 onwards

- Aluminium

- Off shore capable

Budget is around the 20-23 mark. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Geek.

Mate love my quinnie 520 spirit it's 5.8m (think that inc the 'swim board" at the back) No trouble heading out to browns but i pick my days, but have been out to the FADS in less than perfect days (ie afternoon winds running accross the swell etc)to do offshore i've fitted a 2nd battery and always carry extra fuel in a jerry can.

mine is coming on three years old now but got it new 2nd hand (if there is such a thing)about 18months ago with only 30hrs on the yammie 2 stroke 90hp I paid low 30s after fighting the dealer down a bit, if you find one in your price range i'd highly recommend them as a boat.

It's also a pretty good family boat, fishes okay with two other blokes but i can easily get it in and out of the water by myself. Only down side is i hate the carpet floors which i'd change to checker plate if it was not for the family..... read... the wife says no !

Edited by pure spirit

Mate love my quinnie 520 spirit it's 5.8m (think that inc the 'swim board" at the back) No trouble heading out to browns but i pick my days, but have been out to the FADS in less than perfect days (ie afternoon winds running accross the swell etc)to do offshore i've fitted a 2nd battery and always carry extra fuel in a jerry can.

mine is coming on three years old now but got it new 2nd hand (if there is such a thing)about 18months ago with only 30hrs on the yammie 2 stroke 90hp I paid low 30s after fighting the dealer down a bit, if you find one in your price range i'd highly recommend them as a boat.

It's also a pretty good family boat, fishes okay with two other blokes but i can easily get it in and out of the water by myself. Only down side is i hate the carpet floors which i'd change to checker plate if it was not for the family..... read... the wife says no !

I just had a look on boat sales and looks like they hold there value quite well. They are still in the low to mid 30's price range. Nice looking boat too!. Its a lil over budget, plus i only have the wifey approval for 20-23 (maybe 25 if do the dishes). Unless you wanna sell yours for 23k? :074:

I just had a look on boat sales and looks like they hold there value quite well. They are still in the low to mid 30's price range. Nice looking boat too!. Its a lil over budget, plus i only have the wifey approval for 20-23 (maybe 25 if do the dishes). Unless you wanna sell yours for 23k? :074:

Hi Geek... thankyou for your "kind offer" but i think i'll keep it ! nice to know it's holding it's value have not looked at boat sales since i got mine. but i have heard that the quinnies tend to do that... make a nice change from the 4wd i bought 5 years ago for over 40k that is now worth less than 10k !!

Puregeek

The 4.6 (4.9) Webster are available in the $23 - 25k price range & cover your requirments.

It's hard to beat a shark cat in rough weather , also the available fishing space is a lot more than standard mono hulls of a similar length

Only consider boats made after mid 2003 as they include the rear sponson extensions.

post-731-006135400 1316490899_thumb.jpg

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys. Ended up getting a 2006 Allycraft Palm island 5.4m. Took her for a dry run over the weekend. Never realised how good big boats can handle choppy conditions. I would have been thrown around in my old 4.35. Anyways, just wanted to says thanks!

Thanks for all the help guys. Ended up getting a 2006 Allycraft Palm island 5.4m. Took her for a dry run over the weekend. Never realised how good big boats can handle choppy conditions. I would have been thrown around in my old 4.35. Anyways, just wanted to says thanks!

Nice work hope it gets you on to some good fish.

Should have got a Toyota!!

I know god those trucks hold their money ! same old story never enough $$$$ the wife and i came back from a couple of years O/S and needed to buy two cars (and not wanting to have to get a loan--- which I most likely would not have got since i didn't have a job and the wife was about to have a child)we figured we had about 60k spare so the kia sorento and a swift fitted the bill, with change to spare.

Having said that the kia's been a great vehicle, tows well (but drinks hard)goes okay offroad and is very comfortable with heaps of features and i believe the new model is even better.