How deep is The Humps?

illest

Hey guys, a couple of weeks ago we tried for the first time fishing at the humps but we're not sure if we were at the right spot. On our sounder the depth was around 80m deep. Is this too deep for the humps and what is the ideal depth that I should be looking for.

I Hope this info helps.

The humps which are located just north of Stanwell Park have a depth on the gravel inside at say 50 metres.

If you chose to fish outside the humps you will find the depth at about 55 metres.

If you sound over the humps north south they will rise up to i think if my memory is correct 24 metres.

I prefer to fish inside on the gravel, fishing on the humps or the hard reef is not the best option, unless you want rubbish species.

So explore with your sounder and locate the edge of the hard reef.

Cheers Taitors.

I Hope this info helps.

The humps which are located just north of Stanwell Park have a depth on the gravel inside at say 50 metres.

If you chose to fish outside the humps you will find the depth at about 55 metres.

If you sound over the humps north south they will rise up to i think if my memory is correct 24 metres.

I prefer to fish inside on the gravel, fishing on the humps or the hard reef is not the best option, unless you want rubbish species.

So explore with your sounder and locate the edge of the hard reef.

Cheers Taitors.

I agree with Taitors - great information. We actually have had success fishing wide of the hump - big gravel bed were the reds graze moving around. On the hump you will get plauged with the rubbish. Look for a depth of around 50 metres to start.

Good luck