bung for live bait well

PRED-ATOR

Hey Raiders,

Any idea for a bung with a tap for my live well?

Have been looking in auto shops and hardware stores for this part (which i dont even no exists yet until i find it)

Basically i want an external tap/valve on the outside bottom of the live well which will be hooked up to a house which will direct water out of the boat. The valve will obviously be to release/hold water in the well.

Anyone know where i can get one of these?

Cheers, Stan

Without seeing your exact set up I would suggest a plumbing wholesaler. Your average hardware shop may have something suitable but plastic fittings on boats with UV and salt will become brittle over time so maybe plumbers supplier will have a better range of brass or similar fitting. Take a photo along if possible as non boaties might find it a bit harder to understand what you are looking for.

I have a hose coming in from the pump to the bottom of my tank, and an overflow out the top. Both use skin fittings from a marine shop as inlets/outlets. The inlet hose has a 2 way tap on it so I can hold water in, or open it to drain back out through the outlet or allow water in the through the pump or pressure pickup.

A brass and stainless ball valve from a plumbers merchant sounds the go, they are usually threaded BSP female, and you can mix n match fittings to suit your hose size and to your tank. they operate by a lever, which helps when you got slime and guts on your hands after a good day!...............regards Johnno