yowie bay boat ramp

PRED-ATOR

Are you guys talking about Wonga St?

I was in the area after work yesterday and thought I'd have my first look at the ramp and pontoon. Didn't realise it had been revamped very recently.

Anyway it all looks very clean and new. Spent a couple of hours squidding, going home with 5 of the things. Plenty of pretty big looking yakkas and tailor in the water too. Lights at the pontoon were still on when I left at about 10.30.

Cheers

Carl

Yep Wonga St,

Probably one of my favourite spots not too far to go but generally stay away from there on the weekends as it gets too busy,

good to hear that its up and running again, the yakkas are pretty thick there but I dont have much luck with squid as it gets a little busy but manage a couple every once in a while,

Regards,

Nathan

Half the ramp was open on last weekend which was enough for me to launch my goliath. Made it back before the southerly but just in time to run into the sunday sailors being blown around the ramp.

Combine that with the P platers launching dad's boat with some mates for a day on the grog and....well lets just say a few words were muttered.

I live local and my fear is that there will be increased usage as it is now one of the better ramps in the area but there is no increase (or better use of) parking areas. Sunday was an ordinary spring day and trailers were parked streets away.

Imagine what summer will be like. To me it seems like a job half done.

In then end it doesn't bother me because I am out early and back late so manage to miss the congestion.

Cudos to the council though.. The ramp and pontoon are great.

Half the ramp was open on last weekend which was enough for me to launch my goliath. Made it back before the southerly but just in time to run into the sunday sailors being blown around the ramp.

Combine that with the P platers launching dad's boat with some mates for a day on the grog and....well lets just say a few words were muttered.

I live local and my fear is that there will be increased usage as it is now one of the better ramps in the area but there is no increase (or better use of) parking areas. Sunday was an ordinary spring day and trailers were parked streets away.

Imagine what summer will be like. To me it seems like a job half done.

In then end it doesn't bother me because I am out early and back late so manage to miss the congestion.

Cudos to the council though.. The ramp and pontoon are great.

mate i agree with your concerns though as you said as long as you get there early and leave early there shouldnt be any issues with parking. Though i do agree that when the southerly is blowing trying to retrieve you boat at the boat ramp is bloody hard, so i will hate to try to get my boat out in that wind and at the same time make sure i dont hit the boat next to me...