Light Gear Fishing

alanlaw87

G'day mate,

For that rod 1-3kg and budget id go either 1000 or 2500 size Shimano Stradic if you can stretch it a little more go the CI4 stradic in the same size.. If you just going to use it to chase Bream just go a 1000 size Stradic.

They are a reel for under $200 that feel like a reel worth $500 :thumbup:

I have a Stradic and it performs really nice.

Good luck

I have a stradic on my T-curve and love it but you could even get a shimano symetre which is a great little workhorse and they arnt expensive either I bought a 4000 for around the 150 mark so a 1000 -2000 series would not be much at all.

I have heard the abu soron's are great also just depends on which brand you want, all reels mentioned so far will do what you want,

regards,

Nathan

While were talking Symetre My 4000 handled a decent sized ray and I have also heard they can handle Kings also.

In saying that the lower class reels will take a beating also just depends on the angler and of course where you are fighting the fish as if there is alot of structure around i.e rocks snags etc its just skills and luck.

anyhow I stick to what I said about a great workhorse reel for a great price as I dont really want to go off topic.

Good luck in your reel shopping,

Regards,

Nathan