Flatties on the bite

jenno64

After last week's single big girl but no keepers, yesterday I went out in search of a feed and I hit a good patch of eating sized flatties in the Georges. Got them on the morning run out tide in 2-3 feet of water on blades, shallow diving minnows and SPs. The fish were very agressive and a few hit the lures on the cast. They ranged from 38-46cm, with a few identical in length. Today, I spent an hour filleting, skinning and boning them and now have two sensational meals for the family. I think the rain helped dirty up the water and I'll hopefully be out there again later this week!

post-4017-002048000 1317196710_thumb.jpg

Great bag of flattys there mate.well done.so what stretch of the georges did you get em if you dont mind me asking?iv got a couple nice 60+cm models lately but i let em go cos i fish the upper reaches of the georges and its not good to eat em that far upstream.

Hey Rob, well done,

Flatties are the best eating fish you can catch in the Georges or the bay

I just wish I could get aout there among them..Kayak helps I suppose!

Cheers

Chris

They are the best boneless and skin less!

Well done rob on these nice specimens, try a couple flicks in the channel when the tide is stable just before it turns and you will be surprise what you will hook on to..

Cheers cg.

You're spot on George. I like to soak a livie or troll a HB in the last hour of the run out!