My First Jew...11/06

Tony Soprano

Hello everyone...

Me and two mates headed out from Parsley Bay ramp at about 5am on Saturday, went round to Juno Point to watch the sun rise and had a bash whilst there with very little result except a super small gummy shark hooked through his belly...

Was well worth it for the sunrise though...

post-787-1118718014_thumb.jpg

Then we turned around and headed back up to the rail bridge for a bit of breakfast... Out with the berley whilst my mate cooked up the bacon and after a short while there the rod in the rod holder bent down and touched the side of the boat, I lifted the rod, felt the weight and set the hook and then held on...

I had no idea what I had hooked but it felt pretty heavy and was going like a steam train, after a spirited (but relatively short) fight on 6 pound line I boated my first ever Jewfish...

To say I was happy is an understatement, I was pumped on catching not only my first jew but my biggest fish to date...

post-787-1118718315_thumb.jpg

He was only 50cm and 1.5kg clean but was good fun and tasted great, fed 6 of us the next night...

Other than that was a pretty quiet day with only a small soapie and a chopper tailor but did I care? Hell no... :1clap::1clap:

Another beautiful winter's day out on the water with a few refreshing beverages, some good company and a nice fish, what more could you ask for...

Yeah nice one yah bastard, as i was the mate with the boat that took you out! :1prop: It was an awesome day that weekend. Went out yesterday... Great weather great sunrise... no fish! not one.... shitty day... oh well still nice in the sun.....