Bait tank drain position

Terry

I notice that normally in any drawings or photo's that I have seen that the outlet/overflow drain is usually on the opposite side to the filling point (assuming the front of the tank is towards the bow, the left side filling and right side drain)

Why wouldn’t I have my drain at the midpoint on the back wall of the tank so that as the boat lifts when going up on the plane the water is more likely to be forced/flow out the drain rather than over the lip/edge of the tank???

I notice that normally in any drawings or photo's that I have seen that the outlet/overflow drain is usually on the opposite side to the filling point (assuming the front of the tank is towards the bow, the left side filling and right side drain)

Why wouldn’t I have my drain at the midpoint on the back wall of the tank so that as the boat lifts when going up on the plane the water is more likely to be forced/flow out the drain rather than over the lip/edge of the tank???

i dont think it matters what side the drain is but your theory would work fine, mine is next to inlet which is a 25mm hole which is 75mm from the lip. I positioned the overflow which is twice the size of the inlet (works well) 60mm below the inlet... never over fills even when hard lock & full blast on the joystick. :thumbup:

Terry As Mc Fishn says , the position is not important , it's the outlet size.

Also , the position from the top of the tank is another key aspect. Too often they are installed high in the tank & as such overflow around the lid occurs

Geoff