PB Flathead flicking of the beach + Salmon on light gear

Joco

Hello raiders,

Last minnute decision, went with my miss, and another couple to The Entrance for a couple of nights..

Weather was predicted terrible :1badmood: BUT it didnt stop me from bringing my flick stick..

Upon arrival it brought back memories from the last Fishraider Social

Saturday morning, my mate and i sneaked out of our bedrooms and ran down to the beach for a morning flick. :thumbup:

Surf & the wind was medium to heavy.

Using a 4kg rod, 1000 reel, 4lb braid, 10 lb leader i wacked on a healthy 1/2 oz (14g) jig head with a squidgy paddle tail..

My mate laughed at me and shook his head :ranting2:

Many of the beach fisherman holding their 4-5m heavy duty rods where questioning what we were doing with a whip stick..

By the look on their faces they were laughing amongst each other....

10 minutes into the session and i was on, running down the beach, with the current, reel screaming trying to pull out the sucker...

Reel was set to 80-90% drag and line was still pealing off....

LOVE a good salmon fight, on light gear, especially in the surf :yahoo:

Good 3-4 minutes later i had to skull drag the fish in, waiting for a wave to beach the fish....

I was afraid if i pull the rod any harder, it would snap into pieces, i made a decision to grab the line, and straight away it snapped, lucyk the fish was already beached & gave me enough time to grab it before the next wave hit the bank...

theentrance2.jpg

Next couple of casts i was on again, this time the fight took longer :yahoo:

ONCE again there was i, running down the beach, chasing the bloody fish, GREAT way to exercise :1prop:

theentrance4.jpg

Short time later 5 jet skiis came and started doing AMAZING jumps, spins, 360's, on the waves, had cameras mounted on their helmets...

NEVER seen anything like it... The fellas were literally flying....

They must have scared the fish off, so we packed up and left...

That same day in the late afternoon, i went by myself, the beach was littered with fisherman...

ONCE again walking past the fisherman, i was questioned several times, "do you catch fish on that thing?"...

I didnt know whether to answer or ignore their questions,so i giggled...

5 minutes into the session i was on and this time with a PB flatty caught off the beach...

Caught on the same gear but this time with a plastic slug...

Measured 66cm and put up a great fight...

Walking past the fisherman with dinner in my hands, nothing was said as i walked passed :074:

theentrance18.jpg

theentrance21.jpg

theentrance23.jpg

Awsome stuff there Joey,

I wonder who is laughing now!!!! you are very persistent with your lure fishing and your doing very well indeed good on you,

some nice specimens there for your trouble,

I will have to catch up with you one of these days,

Regards,

Nathan

THANKS fellas, i keep on telling you ITS my green jumper that brings the luck :thumbup: its not me....

SORRY fellas for the lack of communication BUT been stuck at work and not having enough time to organise a session...

Will keep touch.... We need to orgnaise something soon....