Fiji need a charter while on a family holiday

Plumb

Hi raiders, I'm taking the family on a holiday to Fiji in a few weeks and wanted to see if anyone could recommend a charter company for a day ( single) game fishing, I think the resorts should have some contacts but last time I was their ( my honeymoon 7 years ago) I couldn't line it up, don't want that to happen again ...

We'll be staying on the main land, the shangrala

Hopefully I'll get something worthy of a report

Cheers Luke

Edited by Plumb

Hi Luke

They have a game boat run by the resort (when I was there a couple of years ago anyway). Never got to go out on it on my last trip but I fished with the decky in a long boat every 2nd morning and had a ball. Plenty of pics of the catch from the gameboat at the water sports hire (where you can book the charter boat). There charter boat was in Denerau for refit on my last trip so worth checking its availability before getting there.

Cheers Blood Knot

OK, The Shangri La fijian does have a blackwatch Game boat you can go out on, i was there 3 months ago, i saw it come in with a fair few fish, but was speaking to some other Aussies there and they had been on another charter about an hours drive from the fijian and caught so many fish which they donated to some fijian villages, i saw their photo's and these fish were as large as they guys that caught them, its definately worth looking on the net, ill try have a search on the net and stir my memory( My memory not good at the Moment, I had a brain Haemmorage 3 weeks ago and got out of hosp yesterday).I'll also google earth Fiji because my brain knows where they left from, it'll stir my memory...Also there is a part at the Shangri la where all the pamphlets are for all the charters and tours and that is how they found it...The Shangri la boat had days where they came back empty handed quite a few times...Shangri La is a great place to stay...Awesome. Enjoy

Ps.Take snorkell gear and go round the reef

Hi Luke

They have a game boat run by the resort (when I was there a couple of years ago anyway). Never got to go out on it on my last trip but I fished with the decky in a long boat every 2nd morning and had a ball. Plenty of pics of the catch from the gameboat at the water sports hire (where you can book the charter boat). There charter boat was in Denerau for refit on my last trip so worth checking its availability before getting there.

Cheers Blood Knot

Thanks Blood Knot, i reccon its deffinatly worth an email directly.

OK, The Shangri La fijian does have a blackwatch Game boat you can go out on, i was there 3 months ago, i saw it come in with a fair few fish, but was speaking to some other Aussies there and they had been on another charter about an hours drive from the fijian and caught so many fish which they donated to some fijian villages, i saw their photo's and these fish were as large as they guys that caught them, its definately worth looking on the net, ill try have a search on the net and stir my memory( My memory not good at the Moment, I had a brain Haemmorage 3 weeks ago and got out of hosp yesterday).I'll also google earth Fiji because my brain knows where they left from, it'll stir my memory...Also there is a part at the Shangri la where all the pamphlets are for all the charters and tours and that is how they found it...The Shangri la boat had days where they came back empty handed quite a few times...Shangri La is a great place to stay...Awesome. Enjoy

Ps.Take snorkell gear and go round the reef

Hi Nate, firstly let me wish you a speedy recovery, you should rest up, I can search the net.

I think if the resorts blackwatch is up and running ill try to pre book that (might get a few hrs more fishing rather than traveling) but if its out of action ill pretty much travel anywhere i need to to get a start :biggrin2: could be in the bad books with the Mrs though... :ranting2:

cheers Luke

Hi raiders, I'm taking the family on a holiday to Fiji in a few weeks and wanted to see if anyone could recommend a charter company for a day ( single) game fishing, I think the resorts should have some contacts but last time I was their ( my honeymoon 7 years ago) I couldn't line it up, don't want that to happen again ...

We'll be staying on the main land, the shangrala

Hopefully I'll get something worthy of a report

Cheers Luke

If you do a search here on fishraider (type in fiji) you will come up with posts about Fiji :thumbup: