well yeah im thinking my mojo is back

mii11x

Hi Raiders,

An update to my last post "starting to think i lost my mojo", still fished hard with live bait, i've had some interesting encounters but no hook ups till yesterday. These yakkas just wouldnt stay where I wanted them so figuring something has been scaring the bejesus out of them I chose my plastics again to target them yesterday.

First cast and bump/thud. Nothing. Next cast, yeah i'm on, only small(60cm) again but on 4lb line great experience and a test for my skills.

post-10641-052394300 1318485686_thumb.jpg

My mate was with me and has always wanted a jew for bragging rights etc, told him to go exactly where I was and cast, well while netting mine I hear him "F?*% yeah", he's on too with the very next cast. His went 70cm.

post-10641-054823500 1318485628_thumb.jpg

I netted his and he ran back to have another crack.....on again but it went under him and then spat the lure, he said maybe same size but guess we will never know. He loves bait fishing but not really a convert to plastics.....maybe started to steer him in the right direction last night lol.

My persistence to catch these fish has driven me crazy lately (lot of tired and frustrated days at work lol) but the hard work is now paying off. Now if I can better my pb I will be extremely happy, so back into it again tonight, maybe a different location though.

After the tide turned and having no more hits/takes we swapped for lights lures to try for flatties, 5 in bout an hour ranging from 30 - 45cm and some ep's too. We kept the jewies but released the other fish. No need to take more than we both could use!

All in all a great night considering we were only checking it out quickly on the tide change on the way to get squid at Cronulla. We never got to Cronulla but are both stoked with how things panned out.

For your interest the lures used were squidgie flickbait 110mm in (i think it called) princess colour on a 1/6 Oz 1/0 hook sized jig head. Both on t curve t series 2-5kg, sol 2500 with 4lb fireline(pink) and sol 3000 with 10lb fireline(yellow), both with vanish flouro leader 8 and 10lb respectively. Flatties and perch on 70mm berkley prawns 2gram head hook size 1 heads.

Thanks for reading people

Mick

Good catch Mick.Were you fishing the main channel of the river or in the bay and how many boatlengths of the shore were you.I am asuming you were in your boat.Is it worth a shot lanbased down there never fished that river system.Apprecite any tips and info.

Cheers STEVE

Hi Raiders,

An update to my last post "starting to think i lost my mojo", still fished hard with live bait, i've had some interesting encounters but no hook ups till yesterday. These yakkas just wouldnt stay where I wanted them so figuring something has been scaring the bejesus out of them I chose my plastics again to target them yesterday.

First cast and bump/thud. Nothing. Next cast, yeah i'm on, only small(60cm) again but on 4lb line great experience and a test for my skills.

post-10641-052394300 1318485686_thumb.jpg

My mate was with me and has always wanted a jew for bragging rights etc, told him to go exactly where I was and cast, well while netting mine I hear him "F?*% yeah", he's on too with the very next cast. His went 70cm.

post-10641-054823500 1318485628_thumb.jpg

I netted his and he ran back to have another crack.....on again but it went under him and then spat the lure, he said maybe same size but guess we will never know. He loves bait fishing but not really a convert to plastics.....maybe started to steer him in the right direction last night lol.

My persistence to catch these fish has driven me crazy lately (lot of tired and frustrated days at work lol) but the hard work is now paying off. Now if I can better my pb I will be extremely happy, so back into it again tonight, maybe a different location though.

After the tide turned and having no more hits/takes we swapped for lights lures to try for flatties, 5 in bout an hour ranging from 30 - 45cm and some ep's too. We kept the jewies but released the other fish. No need to take more than we both could use!

All in all a great night considering we were only checking it out quickly on the tide change on the way to get squid at Cronulla. We never got to Cronulla but are both stoked with how things panned out.

For your interest the lures used were squidgie flickbait 110mm in (i think it called) princess colour on a 1/6 Oz 1/0 hook sized jig head. Both on t curve t series 2-5kg, sol 2500 with 4lb fireline(pink) and sol 3000 with 10lb fireline(yellow), both with vanish flouro leader 8 and 10lb respectively. Flatties and perch on 70mm berkley prawns 2gram head hook size 1 heads.

Thanks for reading people

Mick

well done matey :thumbup:

Good catch Mick.Were you fishing the main channel of the river or in the bay and how many boatlengths of the shore were you.I am asuming you were in your boat.Is it worth a shot lanbased down there never fished that river system.Apprecite any tips and info.

Cheers STEVE

Hi steve,

i cannot reveal the exact location of where i fish in the river but if you read any literature on where abouts to target jews (ie deep holes, illuminated bridges, structure type and drop offs etc) you will find the spots that are more fishy to fish. any river or body of water is worth a shot whereever i am as there is no hard and fast rule of where fish will show up.

you gotta be in it to win it.

sorry bout not revealing anything more but my post has a certain fishing club up in arms it seems.

Edited by mii11x