pittwater kingy and flathead

gazza0878

Hello all raiders

So my mate and i decided to take my boat out on saturday in pittwater for a softplastic session to hopefully catch a few flatties for a feed.

Started off puting boat in and tried a spot close to ramp that i know and my mate on his second cast hooked onto a nice 35cm trevally which gave him a bit of stick on the light gear we use.

We fished there a bit longer but went very quiet so we headed up to palm beach area to another spot i know which always produced some big flatties and on the first drift i hook onto a nice fish but then just before we got a view off it it fell off so after a few swear words:ranting2: i go to pull my line in and to my surprise the fish has taken the lure again so happy days i'm on again:thumbup: and this time i see a nice 61cm flattie come into the net.

After that my mate pulled in 40cm flattie and i got a small snapper, then on next drift i hook onto a heavy fish i call it for a nice flattie when suddenly it just takes off like a train definately not a flattie and as we r fishing in between a whole lot of boats i thought i had no chance of getting this in, at this stage my line was already going across rope of a boat moaring so i get my mate to start up engine and we chase the fish all over the place. would of been funny to watch i think.

Finally after 5 minutes i started getting line back and got my first sight of a 70cm kingy then it took of again and took heaps of line and nearly busted me off on a nearby boat but after that run it was spent and came up easily and into net.

I was so stoked it is my first legal kingy on softplastic and my biggest i have caught and caught on flattie gear 4pound line and 8 pound leader, i feel i was very lucky to get this fish in i think if it really wanted to bust me off it could off done easily but still was a awesome fight on light gear.

Also that day i ended up getting a 51cm flattie and 3 smaller ones.

overall it Was a great day out on water and surprisingly hardly any boats out on water.

can't wait to get out again.:1fishing1:

post-15391-032307100 1318742964_thumb.jpgpost-15391-011842600 1318742994_thumb.jpg