Jervis Bay-Green Patch

caffeine

Hi Guys, have always wanted to fish Jervis Bay for the Kings. Driving up from Melbourne with the boat and the family to camp at the national park for a week and a bit, to a place called Green Patch. I was hoping someone on here could give me some info on the fishing and which way to head as it looks to be one big bay! If you have any better ideas as to a better place to camp I would much appreciate the advice. I would love to catch a king as down here in Vic they are only just starting to make a come back.

Thanks.

Awesome area

Heaps of options with a boat. Good squid out on the weed patches straight out the front, kings just over the other side of the mouth and plenty of awesome snapper grounds just out the front. Then there is the bream and flatties through out the bay, you'll have a great time!

Good luck with the weather, I hope it's good for you!

Greg

cant say much about the fishing as I only ever chased the bread n butter species down there when I was much younger and from the beach, but green patch is a quality place to camp heaps of birds there which the kids can feed (not sure if theyv made it illegal now I heard some talk of it) also roos and bandicoots might be an idea to take a few water pistols to keep the possums at bay though I remember when I was younger one climbed up mums leg at the dinner table while we were camping though the screaming and running round from her was quite good and also had another one decide the car was a great place to set up a new home but a few squirts from a water pistol sends them on there way saves your food and doesnt hurt them none

Thanks guys for the replies. I might do a charter at the start of the holiday so I can get some pointers on fishing the bay and a better orientation.

Really looking forward to it!

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

hi there

i too would recomend bay and basin sports fishing greg is a champ and knows that area like the back of his hand.

if you would like some kingie action you could try trolling around bowen island just keep in mind there is a marine park on one side of the island.

i hope this helps and enjoy your trip.