Squid squid and more squid

finallyOnline

post-10921-011151300 1318908751_thumb.jpgLong time between posts but thought id post one as its been to long,went to my local squid spot last night expecting it to be a carpark hangout like usual but no one was there and thought that this had to be a good sign as i had the whole wharf to myself(greedy haha).First cast gets snagged,lose favourite yamashita jig not a good start to the nite im thinking.tried my second fave jig but there not touching it,tried 4 other proven jigs and not a touch.thought id try these $1 jigs that were on sale at my local fishing shop as i had nothing to lose and damn did they like them or what,10 squid in 30 mins 2 of them big.success on the squid now counting down the days for the weekend to try and convert them into jews.will post pictures if successful on the weekend.tight lines guys....

Mate, That is a great catch of squid. The lure must be your fave lure for squid now.Good to see the jig worked well,and have you gone back to the local to buy more yet. :thumbup::thumbup:

:1fishing1:

thanks mate its definately my fav for now,if they work like that a second time then they will be coming with me all the time.i stocked up on them at the time so it should last me for a while,if your after them there at blacktown(fish on bait and tackle)if your local and ask for the $1 jigs on sale u cant go wrong,get them in the pink fluoro colour with luminescent eyes they work well,very well hahahaha.

Thats a great little session. 1 question for you. There is a few days between now and the weekend. How do you store or freeze the squid? saltwater, freezer, fridge etc. i've had a few people tell me completely different things. thanks.

wow....well done, glad to see a report on squiding.....i will get out to my spot this weekend to TRY and repeat your effort !!! same question mate....how do you store your squid for jew baits?? Any more reports on these cagey creatures will be great, hope to see a pic of your Jew next week!

No Doubt About it, Thats a great haul of Squid.

do you know if Ryan is still over there at the tackle store you mentioned?

I used to buy most of my stuff from there but live too far away from there now.

Lets hope you can convert those Squid into Jew but if I had them In my freezer there would not be luch left by the weekend lol

Regards,

Nathan

Thats a great little session. 1 question for you. There is a few days between now and the weekend. How do you store or freeze the squid? saltwater, freezer, fridge etc. i've had a few people tell me completely different things. thanks.

jaykay and ribs,the best way to store ur squid to keep it nice and fresh would be to keep ur squid in glad resealable zip lock bags(coles or woolies sell them in 50 packs)i use the 18x17 size.put ur squid in the bag and before u lock it tight,squeeze out all the air and then zip lock it and store away in freezer(i find it keeps the squid much more fresh that way).im very pedantic about keeping my squid fresh and this is not a necessity and u dont have to but i turn down the setting in my freezer by about a couple of degrees(still ensure that it freezes though).finally make sure u dont mix the squid with any fresh water(dont try to rinse it down or anything before storing).

No Doubt About it, Thats a great haul of Squid.

do you know if Ryan is still over there at the tackle store you mentioned?

I used to buy most of my stuff from there but live too far away from there now.

Lets hope you can convert those Squid into Jew but if I had them In my freezer there would not be luch left by the weekend lol

Regards,

Nathan

hi nathan the squid is tempting to eat but i think a jewy would be a better meal lol,ryan stopped working there about 3 months ago and went to victoria,still good blokes there though.

hi nathan the squid is tempting to eat but i think a jewy would be a better meal lol,ryan stopped working there about 3 months ago and went to victoria,still good blokes there though.

Yeah I have to agree, a good jew is worth a thousand squid,

I had a feeling Ryan moved on was just wondering,

Regards,

Nathan