Vintage blackfisherman in action

luderick -angler

That brings back some memories - not so much of the fishing locations, although I have fished many of them - but of the man, Ron Cool Kat. :)

When I wrote for Sporting Shooters and Guns Australia, I used to go to the Yaffa Offices to speak with my editor and invariably spent time at Ron's desk chatting away and giving him a break from his tasks. He was certainly a fishing guru and innovator of the fishing movie/series.

One of my spots where I fish often these days, is near the Gulf in the RNP, but it is a lot safer.

Good stuff.

Thanks tons for posting this mate, watched it a hundred times on VHS before one day the player tore all the tape out of the cassette :thumbdown:

It's always so hard to explain to my mates who don't fish what rock fishing is really like - to them it's just 'standing on rocks fishing'. Great footage and surely had my heart in my mouth a few times with blokes in jeans battling backwash up to their knees!

Cheers again

Thanks for posting that - was a good watch ;)

love the 70's rock hopping outfit! Shirt tucked into shorts, big belt, buckle, massive sideburns, avaitors, akubra and a ciggie hanging out the corner of the mouth - classic !

Thanks for posting that - was a good watch ;)

love the 70's rock hopping outfit! Shirt tucked into shorts, big belt, buckle, massive sideburns, avaitors, akubra and a ciggie hanging out the corner of the mouth - classic !

Thats me every Sunday! Massicve sidies! BTW not my work on youtube came from someone else but found it this morning so wanted to share! BTW fished most of those spots like Stormy and yeah theres some hairy joints its a good example when not to fish oh and one of those spots still fishes like that till this day! Gottot love the speedos look though! And the gear classic stuff! Glad you all enjoyed.

Stormy BTW Dads 663 was made at Chapmans Rockdale when the man (Ron) worked there!

That brings back some memories - not so much of the fishing locations, although I have fished many of them - but of the man, Ron Cool Kat. :)

When I wrote for Sporting Shooters and Guns Australia, I used to go to the Yaffa Offices to speak with my editor and invariably spent time at Ron's desk chatting away and giving him a break from his tasks. He was certainly a fishing guru and innovator of the fishing movie/series.

One of my spots where I fish often these days, is near the Gulf in the RNP, but it is a lot safer.

Good stuff.

You can pick the beginner at the start of part 2 mate :biggrin2:

I can still hear that theme song in my head from yrs gone by and you know you are getting older when you recognise Ron's seascape 6-1 and you had one or two of these reels as well in the same condition.

He was an inspirational man to me for as long as he lived.

Regards Swordfisherman