Boating

damariboyz

:1naughty::1clap:

Yes I did get the right section this time, Sorry about that AGAIN! I was reading an article on a 5mtr Tinnie and they mentioned, deadrise 17 degrees. To the average bloke this may mean something but to a dope like yours truly I would sure appreciate a little input from you guy's if you would'nt mind.

Had fun reading the weekends capers some great catch and release stories and memories.

Still trying to get over Joecool and his heater.

Regards Russell

Hi Russell,

Deadrise is basically the measurement of the angle between the bottom of a boat and its widest beam. A vessel with a 0º deadrise has a flat bottom, high numbers indicate deep V shaped hulls. I am not sure how they measure a twin hull or cat style boat??

Hope this helps.

LW

In general the deeper the v, the better the ride and the less stable they are. You have to generally make a compromise. Or you could just buy a Signature with a variable deadrise hull and have the best of both. :1clap:

In general the deeper the v, the better the ride and the less stable they are.  You have to generally make a compromise.  Or you could just buy a Signature with a variable deadrise hull and have the best of both. :1clap:

52742[/snapback]

Thanks for the info bashir.

Russ

Hi Russell,

Deadrise is basically the measurement of the angle between the bottom of a boat and its widest beam. A vessel with a 0º deadrise has a flat bottom, high numbers indicate deep V shaped hulls. I am not sure how they measure a twin hull or cat style boat??

Hope this helps.

LW

52719[/snapback]

Thanks for the info LW

Russell

17Degrees is a fairly deep V for a tinny.

Make sure you take a test run and take a buddy.

get the sales guy to drive it to ten knots.

Then both of you move to one side of the boat.

You will soon find out if it is stable or not. The up side is, As mentioned is a much softer ride.

For a five metre boat, with a 17deg hull , Id have at least a 2.2m beam

17Degrees is a fairly deep V for a tinny.

Make sure you take a test run and take a buddy.

get the sales guy to drive it to ten knots.

Then both of you move to one side of the boat.

You will soon find out if it is stable or not.  The up side is, As mentioned is a much softer ride.

For a five metre boat, with a 17deg hull , Id have at least a 2.2m beam

52864[/snapback]

Thanks for that livie. The beam on this particular boat is 2.35mtr's.

Regards Russell