Shimano TR!000LD

squidboy

Hello Raiders.

I have been looking online at the Shimano TR1000LD overhead reel. My only purpose is for a economical reel to hold five leadcore colours (In case I lose one or two when trolling) along with some good backing when fighting good sized rainbows.

I cannot find one in the stores in Sydney (Unless you know of one open in the weekend) and i can't make it to Shimano cause they are open the hours I work.

Just wondering if anyone uses these reels for this application and any other general feeback.

Cheers

Marco.

I use an okuma catalina 15 for this and it works great, also have an old tld5 but I dont think they make them that small anymore. Also used an abu garcia overhead, they will all serve the purpose, trout trolling is pretty easy on the reels as they never see salt and as such I think you can get away with using pretty low end gear.

Hi Mate, I own one of these reels,and would suit your purpose quite well.The 2000 has a massive reputation with fishing charter operators. I use mine for trolling, bottom bashing, live light bait fishing it hasn't missed a beat.Would definately recomend these rules and have. With the 2000 i have caught small kings,sharks, snapper,etc.

:1fishing1: