Lowrance Elite 5 . Whats your opinion?

hornets

Can I get some feedback if any one has used or got an Lowrance Elite 5 combo & how does it perform . I didnt want to go over the top but I have to update a 16 year old unit in 530F Haines . Has any one brought through singapore as there is an auction site that has them cheap. Adam

Edited by hornets

brought a Elite5 coulor combo from a dealer in singapore about a year or less ago now and it is a top little unit

i do use mine in pretty shallow waters with say nothing over about 40meter at the most and the majority in the shallower rivers so less than 10meter

the screen is pretty clear and if your used to lowrance sounder and know how to read them this unit is as good as any other

as for the overseas and no loacal warrinty well the dealer i used carrys the warrinty on a ship back term so if you have a dram you need to ship it back to them to get it fixed or replaced

but considering i saved over $300 on just this one unit i'm sure i still will be in frount

i bought an Elite 5 combo a month or so ago. really like the gps and included maps that come standard. i looked at the DSI combo but as it was a narrow beam it didnt suit my type of fishing (30m or less). i am very happy with the Elite 5 and it is a giant leap from the Humminbird unit i had for years. i bought mine from Aust for piece of mind so i didnt have to ship it O/S for repairs. i am sure they are a trouble free unit like most items these days. good value for money and the resolution is great for the unit. no downsides for mine, i guess others will have their own personal preferences on which unit you should buy. its you dough so pick the unit that best suits... that said, most units these days are excellent and it all comes down to resolution, what charts are availble (are they included or not) and the gadgets that are thrown in. good luck which ever way you choose.

Cheers

Mick

Thanks all . I just installed my new Elite 5 . What a difference from a 1993 rayeon Gps & no unsighty pick up . Great resolution & a bonus is the fads already loaded onto the navtronics map. I had the local in Blakehurst price match & picked it up for a decent price. I love this forum & fishraider for the help you can get . Adam