Sunday arvo Bream

Ray R

:biggrin2: G'day Raiders, went down to our local lake with my good buddy Hutcho to finish off the weekend with a quick fish..

Armed with some bread and our lightest gear we fished in the last of the arvo sun.

There were plenty of bream and we had a ball catching these little fellas, some of the bream we caught were around the 30 - 35cm mark, great fun in the shallow water, watching the braid dart through the water zig zagging left to right as the bream tried to free themselves.

One of the bream I caught was a beauty, we guessed him to be around 38-40cms, he really gave me some hurry-up and he put a big smile on my dial.

So that was our sunday arvo, a fun couple of hours, Hutcho caught 6 before he had to leave and I ended up with 13, all the bream were released unharmed..

Grabbed a few shots as usual, clck on the pic to get a better view, the bream were a beautiful gold colour as these bream live in the lake..

Enjoy...

post-3371-084088300 1319966812_thumb.jpg

post-3371-089289600 1319966838_thumb.jpg

post-3371-002196700 1319966862_thumb.jpg

post-3371-005402200 1319966889_thumb.jpg

post-3371-099425200 1319966918_thumb.jpg

:thumbup:

Some nice bream for you and Hutcho on the light gear. :thumbup:

Great photos too. :thumbup:

You've certainly caught a variety of fish lately Ray. By the way, what fought harder, that big bream or the Bathurst Island Black Jew?

Cheers

Peter

Nice going Ray! Is that the lake that runs out towards the beach? If so I have seen guys that wade out to waist high water just to wet a line.

Looks like a lot of fun too. It's amazing what a loaf of bread will catch.

gav

That's a good effort for a lazy sunday afternoon fish. also nice rod.. Is that berkley?

Yeah mate it is a Berkley Venom Death Adder, the baby of the Venom range, very light and super responsive..