Lake Macquarie - (southern end )

suttonscurse

Hi Guys

Going to take my 80 year old dad out for a days fishing on Lake Macquarie this Saturday. :1fishing1:

Will probably launch the boat from Gwandalan - any tips on where to try in the southern / middle section of the lake.

Thanks for any feedback - he is pretty excited about going out and I would like him to catch a feed of fish.

regards

Bill

Edited by Suttons Curse

• 1 month later...

keep your eye on the weather. Forecast is windy 37Km. Lake Macquarie can be scary with high winds. Be safe.

I now know what you mean about scary. I got caught travelling back from the inlet back to manering park yesterday and it was blowing something serious.... I have never seen so much whitecaps whithin a closed estuary. To add to the smashing around in the boat due to the chop, we saw some serious size shark fins sticking out of the water ( just around the south eastern side of the island)....i agree, Lake Macquarie can flare up pretty seriousley.

Caught two flatties on poddies, but really no other action for thevday....just curious to see if anyone wlse was having any luck in the lake?

I now know what you mean about scary. I got caught travelling back from the inlet back to manering park yesterday and it was blowing something serious.... I have never seen so much whitecaps whithin a closed estuary. To add to the smashing around in the boat due to the chop, we saw some serious size shark fins sticking out of the water ( just around the south eastern side of the island)....i agree, Lake Macquarie can flare up pretty seriousley.

Caught two flatties on poddies, but really no other action for thevday....just curious to see if anyone wlse was having any luck in the lake?

Me and a mate did some land based fishing this arvo using soft plastics around the outlet, power pole and pipes landed 1 small flatty and 5 decent bream. Not a bad session. Looking to head out tomorrow to try and land some lizards fingers crossed!