Wild Bass

iMick

I got a message from my mate Che (Cheder) a couple of night ago that said "just quietly, these Bass don't stand a chance with my new arsenal".

With the prospect of an early finish at work due to Melbourne Cup day, we were left with 2 options, either watch the race with a beer, or chase Bass. I don't think it takes too much common sense to work out which option we took.

River was defiantly slower than a few days before but we got about 10 on spinnerbaits and a couple on the surface to about 35cm.

post-10586-010548600 1320183920_thumb.jpg

post-10586-028444200 1320183912_thumb.jpg

post-10586-004642400 1320183903_thumb.jpg

post-10586-093365300 1320183926_thumb.jpg

post-10586-020827500 1320183936_thumb.jpg

post-10586-080453500 1320183946_thumb.jpg

HAHHAHHAHA with that kind of option i would not think twice either...

WELL done on another successful Bass adventure.....

You need to take me out on a kayak session... Never done it before!!!

Daniel and I are looking at getting a couple of Hobies sooner or later :)

If I had the option of an early knock-off I would have certainly taken the Bass option, unfortunately I didn't even get a chance to take a break and watch the race :1badmood:

Those Bass in the Nepean don't stand a chance when you are on the water and great to see such a healthy population in the Sydney Basin.......it proves the Fisheries conservation policies are sound.

HAHHAHHAHA with that kind of option i would not think twice either...

WELL done on another successful Bass adventure.....

You need to take me out on a kayak session... Never done it before!!!

Daniel and I are looking at getting a couple of Hobies sooner or later :)

Thanks mate. Get a Hobie sooner rather that later, they suit all the fishing you like to do from chasing Jewies and Flathead to Ep and Bass. There is very little to them, very reliable bit of kit. You'll never regret the decision to buy one. Get an Outback or Pro Angler.

If I had the option of an early knock-off I would have certainly taken the Bass option, unfortunately I didn't even get a chance to take a break and watch the race :1badmood:

Those Bass in the Nepean don't stand a chance when you are on the water and great to see such a healthy population in the Sydney Basin.......it proves the Fisheries conservation policies are sound.

Thanks mate. The Georges and Nepean hold very nice Bass, I live between both rivers so both are fairly local to me.

Mick

Very nice fish Mick. :thumbup:

Some good signs for a healthy season down here as well. The last couple of weeks have produced some good bass, from 38-48. Nothing moving on the surface at the moment, but they are hitting plastics and spinnerbaits. Purple/brown seems to be a good color for the skirts, with silver colorado/willow blades providing extra flash in the discolored water. In the cleaner water I use a single gold colorado. Keep the reports coming mate. Hope the little one is settling in well at home.

Cheers

Hodgey

well done again on those bass mick, not much beats catching bass, you certainly made the right choice

Thanks mate, very exciting sports fish.

Very nice fish Mick. :thumbup:

Some good signs for a healthy season down here as well. The last couple of weeks have produced some good bass, from 38-48. Nothing moving on the surface at the moment, but they are hitting plastics and spinnerbaits. Purple/brown seems to be a good color for the skirts, with silver colorado/willow blades providing extra flash in the discolored water. In the cleaner water I use a single gold colorado. Keep the reports coming mate. Hope the little one is settling in well at home.

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks mate. I always go for a purple or brown for spinnerbaits. 48cm is a very nice fish. Little one is going very well thanks, she's growning up so fast.

Mick

not true on the surface bite hodgey, I bought a stiffys surface lure from the penrith tinny and fishing show last week, got 3 fish for 3 casts but lost the lure on the 3rd, think it was a knot malfunction, i was spewing as Mick was casting jitterbugs for dohnuts. such heartbreak haha

not true on the surface bite hodgey, I bought a stiffys surface lure from the penrith tinny and fishing show last week, got 3 fish for 3 casts but lost the lure on the 3rd, think it was a knot malfunction, i was spewing as Mick was casting jitterbugs for dohnuts. such heartbreak haha

Half your luck mate. :thumbup:

I have read some good surface reports from Sydney and other areas but the bronze brawlers don't appear to be responding on the surface down here ... yet! :biggrin2: