Big Beecroft Jervis Bay

Michael Feeney

Hi everyone, has anybody been rock fishing at Big Beecroft (mermaids Inlet)Jervis Bay. If so how good is the fishing in mid January and what do you catch. I would also like to know what baits, times and rigs are the best. Thanks

Michael

Edited by michael222

Hi everyone, has anybody been rock fishing at Big Beecroft (mermaids Inlet)Jervis Bay. If so how good is the fishing in mid January and what do you catch. I would also like to know what baits, times and rigs are the best. Thanks

Michael

Havnt fished it for a couple of years but from about Jan- April we used to catch some BIG kings off there, also plenty of bonito and salmon. I used to hear stories from the locals about big tuna being caught from there but never seen one myself. Marlin is always a possibility in all those areas down south. I recommend getting there before sunrise and stocking up on whatever live bait you can get, slimeys preferably and if u can keep them live and drift a couple out under a balloon ur cooking with gas! Apart from that i used to pretty much spin large poppers on sunrise and metal lures throughout the day which accounted for some decent kings and enough pelagics to keep me occupied.

Good luck mate let us know how you go!

Musty :thumbup: