Minn Kota I Pilot

CaineM

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has an i pilot and could let me know whether it's worth the money. I use the autopilot on mine quite a bit but like the idea of the integrated gps that can keep you on a spot not just hold a direction.

Think you can get them for around 400 bucks so not too expensive.

All comments appreciated.

Cheers

Caine

$400 is a good deal. I use the anchor feature all the time, and it works well. The cruise control and GPS autopilot is handy. Great for trolling yella and cod or downrigging kings, record the track - get to end - and then go end to start and sit back and relax (watch for boats)

The fact that they divide the speeds into halves is good too, giving you 20 speeds. I do miss the wrist band co pilot though.

Mick

$400 is a good deal. I use the anchor feature all the time, and it works well. The cruise control and GPS autopilot is handy. Great for trolling yella and cod or downrigging kings, record the track - get to end - and then go end to start and sit back and relax (watch for boats)

The fact that they divide the speeds into halves is good too, giving you 20 speeds. I do miss the wrist band co pilot though.

Mick

iMick (Michael)recommended ,so i took his advice and can only say,im Glad i did,dont think i could go fishing without it now.I have the older foot pedal model on my other boat and it drives me mad having to use it now.

Hi, yes they are easy to install and I have done a few. It will be the best money you have spent, the I-Pilot is a must have in my opinion but unless it "fell off the back of a truck" you will not get a genuine new kit for $400 that is designed for the souther hemisphere.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, yes they are easy to install and I have done a few. It will be the best money you have spent, the I-Pilot is a must have in my opinion but unless it "fell off the back of a truck" you will not get a genuine new kit for $400 that is designed for the souther hemisphere.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks Huey ... from what I've researched there are no hemisphere issues anymore with these units. I may be wrong but getting it half price from the US is very tempting!

Only after the upgrade of my existing Riptide not the whole kit and kaboodle.

Cheers

Caine

Hi Caine, your money mate but I would not believe all that you read on the internet.

Cheers,

Huey.

Awwwwwww Huey your killing me :074: what about Fishraider ?? thats got to be the most believable site on the planet :yahoo:

Hi Caine, your money mate but I would not believe all that you read on the internet.

Cheers,

Huey.

What is the issue with buying Northern Hemisphere units Huey? Apart from no local warranty support.

Hi, Stewy I purposely said it that way because yes I too believe that this site is one of the best sites for useful info unlike many other sites I could name.

Caine, if the guy you are buying it from says it will work and you believe him then go for it but considering the I-Pilot is GPS based in terms of its function you might be wasting your money.

Cheers,

Huey.

• 1 year later...