the skilton - help

mudskipper

was thinking of going down to the skilton to try our luck off the stones tomorrow.

having never been there before, thought it would be a good idea to ask a few questions first.

we have been fishing the rocks for a while.

does anyone go there often?

any reports and advise would be great

hoping for a pelegic

live baiting and dead baiting maybe some lures if conditions permit.

i have heard mixed reports with regards to safety and the fishing.

thanks in advance

was thinking of going down to the skilton to try our luck off the stones tomorrow.

having never been there before, thought it would be a good idea to ask a few questions first.

we have been fishing the rocks for a while.

does anyone go there often?

any reports and advise would be great

hoping for a pelegic

live baiting and dead baiting maybe some lures if conditions permit.

i have heard mixed reports with regards to safety and the fishing.

thanks in advance

Where abouts is the Skilton???

I know of the Skillion but sorry cant give you any useful tips for Skilton

Musty

Skillion -

VERY slippery. Cleats only.

Low ledge that's often washed out with anything over 1m (especially southerly)

Almost dedicated spin ledge - get in the locals way and they'll let you know about it.

Beware of raining bottles, stones and anything else that can be thrown from the lookout, especially Saturday/Sunday Mornings.

Not much in the way of bait - and hard to catch.

But does produce on spin.

Avoca is a better option if you can beat the crowds.

Skillion -

VERY slippery. Cleats only.

Low ledge that's often washed out with anything over 1m (especially southerly)

Almost dedicated spin ledge - get in the locals way and they'll let you know about it.

Beware of raining bottles, stones and anything else that can be thrown from the lookout, especially Saturday/Sunday Mornings.

Not much in the way of bait - and hard to catch.

But does produce on spin.

Avoca is a better option if you can beat the crowds.

Ah ha ha what a top reply, and that about sums it up!

The good Old Skillion

ahhh fun times :thumbup:

Musty

I've had a bike, bottles, girls shoes (heels!) rocks, metal bars, all sorts... And they can't see people below as the lookout is set back from the edge. I've called the cops, and confronted the culprits, but to nil result. A bloke had his dog there once and the bottle landed next to the poor thing and shattered all over it. He was going to give chase (and god knows what he'd do, he was a big bloke), but the dog ended up with glass in it's paw as it woke up in shock, so he carried it out and I carried his gear back to the car.

It was a 20-odd kg rottie-x, to give you an idea of the size of this bloke. Probably the luckiest morning those kids ever had.

:ranting2:

I've had a bike, bottles, girls shoes (heels!) rocks, metal bars, all sorts... And they can't see people below as the lookout is set back from the edge. I've called the cops, and confronted the culprits, but to nil result. A bloke had his dog there once and the bottle landed next to the poor thing and shattered all over it. He was going to give chase (and god knows what he'd do, he was a big bloke), but the dog ended up with glass in it's paw as it woke up in shock, so he carried it out and I carried his gear back to the car.

It was a 20-odd kg rottie-x, to give you an idea of the size of this bloke. Probably the luckiest morning those kids ever had.

:ranting2:

Wow, sounds like a nice place.... :074: