morning flick with my mate

gummybusta

woke up at 5am this morning thanks to someone setting an alarm on his mums phone (lucky for me considering i normaly have to get up at 03:30 in the morning for work it still counts as a sleep in) looking out the window i noticed a lack of wind that was predicted so i prompley woke the little #### to get ready and go fishing (say lets go fishing and they wake up first go yet wake them for school and it takes forever i'm told)with the prediction for some 20 knost from the north blowing all day i only expected to get a hour or two in at the best so after a little scramble we ended up on the water by 05:45

we headed straght to one of our fave spots on the river and had a quick little play atfirst trying some jettys for a bream or two but they were not that intrested and couldn't even get a reaction strike on the surface even with them slurping prawns

still the flathead were sure up to it and we found endless smaller modles

the real fun started once we moved into the floating leases with my mates thrid cast comeing up tight and takeing line

this had us thinking a very nice flathead but we were both very pleased when a nice big silver flash came up and on the end was a nice little 45cm jewie and his first on a soft plastic

we contunied and found even more flatties and even got one or two over 40cm to put in the livewell

after a couple of hours and not beliveing how lucky we were with the weather we made a move into the oyster leases proper to find a score more of flatties rangeing from about 15cm to 38cm (we don't like to keep them unless they are over 40cm)

wasn't till about 10:30 that we had some really good luck first with a nice healthy 51cm flattie falling to the plastics and then a few cast later another jewie this time 50cm inside the leases and only on 4lb gear

some tense times as i could feel the fish running under the leases and rubbing the leader on some of the upright poles but somehow we managed to get it back into the small gap between the leases and managed to land it even thou the leader was shot and shreaded :1yikes:

11:00 came and we made our last move back upstream as we had to get home by 12:30 to have a look at a boat

the flatties came think and fast at this location too with fish after fish on each cast and double hook ups toboot

ended up releaseing countless flathead to 49cm and keeped only 4 flathead from 41-51cm and the 50cm jewie

post-7043-010302300 1320572270_thumb.jpg