Port Kembla

MannY

My mate calls up says, we gotta catch some sun and head out as the water is starting to warm and swell's pretty good.

We drove down to Wollongong and setup for a morning session. Me being a very recent convert to lures got my metals and said some motivational words "my beer gut's gonna get a workout and my back gotta want a chiro at the end of the day" :beersmile:

The morning was slow and I thought, "this casting is gotta hurt tonight, better be worth a catch" :ranting2: . Looking over my shoulder, pillies and squid ain't working wonders for others on the rocks. Giving up for a breaky time, Bang! I'm on and she digs deep.. the swell picks up and I step back(my life more important than a fish :thumbup: ) Then I recalled; why did we forget to bring a landing net or a gaff.. I tried to bring it up the ledge, it jumped and waved goodbye.. :1badmood:

The next 1-2 hrs the fish came steady, sadly no hooks up.

The tide changed. About 1\2 hr later...as the lure got the edge of the rock, we're on! Tailor.. and a short fight and he's in the bucket, then another and another. Not greedy one was kept for the dinner plate.

From there it was pretty quite until we decided home time, I said 2 more minutes and amazing how this happens.. Bang! we're on another sambo.. this one is for lunch!

We tried for another 1hr, nothing.. bored and no bait.. I put a hook with weed and throw it in.. and I'm on a drummer :)

Got a pic of the Sambo and Tailor both around the 55-60 mark... another fun day out :yahoo:

post-9118-025593800 1320587566_thumb.jpg