Middle Head rocks

abecedarian

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has fished middle head rocks and has any info on the safety aspects of the area. Thinking about going there this weekend to check it out so if anyone knows where the best access spots are and if there are any quirks like when it shouldn't be fished. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not release your knowledge on the public forum, any info would be great.

Cheers!

Ive not fished there before but i know 2 guys lost there lives there earlier this year.. even though its inside the harbour i know that during a big swell waves hit middle head.. watch out for the nudie beach and the dudes creeping around in the bushes with the wangs out!

Walk down, don't take ANY fishing gear, take a book and stay there for 10 hours. Go find out for yourself without hoping for some idiot's advice from the internet.

They might say don't fish it in a big swell, strong wind, etc etc.. But their version of a big swell or a strong wind may be comletely different to yours.

Also too, if you take a rod, you'll be very tempted to fish regardless of the conditions. That's how people lose lives.

I personally use my early knock off times or weekends when we have family plans to do my recon, that way I'm not disappointed if I don't get a fish in, or if my fishing plans a wrecked due to conditions, and I'm not tempted to fish in bad conditions.

Don't become a statistic.

Cheers for the advice, it's important for people to know. I've been rock fishing a fair while now (10 years or so) so I know how dangerous it can be. But different rocks have different personalities which is why I ask if people have fished them. Some platforms are ok to fish in a high tide of 2 meters whereas some you'd be crazy to fish in those conditions... That's why I like local knowledge first if I can get it on a new spot I haven't tried yet.

g'day mate

theres alot of info on this site and 90% of the time the question has been asked before.

i did a quick search of the forum and came up with this, which might be helpful (as ive not ventured down to the obelisk ledge, but know of it).

and yes, when the swell is coming directly into the harbor this place can get dicey. 2 fisherman were washed in earlier in May

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=6429&st=0&p=57608&hl=+obelisk%20+beach&fromsearch=1entry57608