Sydney Kingies

rjc123

Hey raiders,

summer is upon us and it seems the kingies are here! Haven't managed to get out yet but hope to in the next month. I will probably have a crack at pittwater. I do not have a downrigger however, i will be livebaiting still. Mainly with yakkas and slimies. Can anyone give me a few tips and or spots to try. Any other tips on techniques and locations for other species would be welcome too!

Tom

Hey raiders,

summer is upon us and it seems the kingies are here! Haven't managed to get out yet but hope to in the next month. I will probably have a crack at pittwater. I do not have a downrigger however, i will be livebaiting still. Mainly with yakkas and slimies. Can anyone give me a few tips and or spots to try. Any other tips on techniques and locations for other species would be welcome too!

Tom

Hey Mate, i live bait for Kings with either squid or yakkas. I dont have a down rigger either but put on a small to medium bean sinker (depending on depth of water) and just walk the boat in and out of gear. Mainly have a leader of at least 1.5 - 2m. You really only want to be trolling at 1-2 knots. Im mainly in less than 7m of water so i use a bean sinker about 4-5cm long. As i said just walk the motor in and out of gear and if your in the right spot, you'll be on!!!

Hope this helps... and good luck!