St Georges basin

rc2612

Hi all,

Will be headed down to Vincentia (Jervis Bay) for Xmas break & depending which car I take, may have the yak with me or not. Does anyone know any good spots to fish the basin on the northern side? I noticed allot of weed the last time I was there, & am thinking that land based fishing may be waste of time..

there are PLENTY of fish on the sand flats at walmer ave at present.most success i've had have been early or late but have also been doing quite well in the middle of day.there are patches of weed but not too much,heaps of clear spots but the flatties do love hanging around the edges of the weeds.in a southerly u can still fish the frederick st end of walmer,nice and clear.walmer and lorelyn can really fire up.if ur there look out for a tall fella with his little dog,thats me

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Hobart at the moment and moving back to Sydney in December where I will be heading down the coast and staying at Sussex Inlet. I am from there and have landed some good flatties from the southern part of the Basin. The key is early morning with the tide. I have been out there getting good hits and good fish. I have also been there at night picking up some good whiting and bream on the sand flats in that area.....hope this helps and will probably see you out there!