Hawkesbury 20th

gibodfisho

Had finally made time to go for a surface session. It was well into the afternoon and pretty windy so had a crack at finding some whiting on the flats. Took a little while to find them and figure out the correct lure and retrieve for the day which was a medium paced walk the dog. Had the most consistent bite I have had with whiting until the change and rain came through and the wind stopped.

Had got a tip from Rich that bream had also started hitting the surface and went to test his information. Well it was not exactly on fire and after a good crack I still had not spotted a bream. But like how it often happens in this section of river 1 finally appeared out of no where while I was day dreaming and spooked. Finally one charged out and with a little convincing had him on with alight leader was in big trouble, now this is what I come for. This bream was old ugly big blubber lipped thing and had a few more lookers but it was to hard for me and went looking elsewhere.

Time to try a hard body on some banks. 2 decent fish in nasty country had me free spooling and using all the tricks to get them out. Had a ball over the whole day and cant wait to go again.

ps set a few crab traps in some bays but a lot of snot weed present so no go there.