Girl new to fishing

charzy87

Hey Guys,

My partner and I have just started to go out fishing latley and I actually quite enjoy it. We live in western sydney near Penrith and headed up to Brooklyn couple weekends ago and fished off the rocks. I caught my first fish being a just legal sized Flat head. I was stoked my first catch and it was decent :).

I want to catch some bigger fish and find out some other good land based fishing spots. If anyone could give me some ideas would be great. Willing to travel up central coast or down south coast.

Looking at hiring even a tinny to go fishing.

If anyone can give me some ideas would be greatly appricated.

I was hoping to go out fishing this weekend for my birthday but would like to have a great place to go to.

Thanks

Charzy87 :)

Hi and welcome, Berowra waters is a nice place to fish, rocks and also a warf, also boat hire, gets busy on weekends but good fishing if you get a tinny and head down stream from marina. its on the Hawkesbury river go through Dural to get there, or from F3 freeway and cross the ferry. very nice place.

Welcome Charzy :)

Im also a new girl to fishing and I love it. Everytime I stress I just pack my gear and go for the call of love, get away from work. Botany Bay is said a good spot year rounder, or Manly and Mosman. If you are after big ones, Catho- the rock platform- provides heaps of drummer and groper. However it's a long walk to get down there across the sand beach. Be aware if you doing LB. Safety gear 1st rule.

Enjoy

Krist

Edited by RnK

If your keen for a day cruise try the rocks near patonga been some decent salmon Amd tailor action there early in the morning plus it's good flatty fishing, either that or try the channel markers in the harbour, there's a boat hire place in the harbour too, that's where you'll get your kings

Thanks guys I went fishing this arvo at captains cook bridge at taren point was good last weekend this weekend nothing :(. Might go out again tomorrow lets hope I can catch something as my birthday so might have luck.

Guest Aussie007

the entrance on the central coast usually fires up with something mostly tailor on the surface with the smallest metal lures u can find i found the metal lures around 10-20mm the best u can fish under the north side of the bridge for flatties or there are wharfs either side of the north side of the bridge for bream and small snapper

if your happy with catch and release fishing (not keeping for a feed)you have a great river only 10 minutes from home that being the nepean river bass,carp and mullet are the most targeted species there i gave caught all 3 on lure and bait great way to pass a cpl of hours if ya got nuthn better to do plenty of shore based spots from camden to windsor including penrith

a cpl of spots you might want to try the rowing club at penrith and opposite side of the river emu plains below the weir at penrith richmond plenty of land based access there around the windsor bridge is another good spot

google earth is a fishos best friend plenty of water to explore

bass=lures im against bait fishing for bass but its up to you

carp=bread or corn baits i find unweighted the best but a small sinker is fine to

mullet=bread baits float fishing

all great to target and go bloody hard an light gear

but if you go lure bass fishing i can not be held responsible for and sort of addiction you and your partner may get :biggrin2:

forgot to mention if fishing for any of these species morning or afternoon by far the best time to fish or in the middle of the night for bass is the best but tht one a secret ok :1prop:

just have to give the river a week to settle as all this rain we've had has it about 1 meter higher than what it is normally