Show us ya fly box!

Very nice Reeseman I like the Saltie flys your tying there at the moment my tying kit is limited to F/W if you want to get in on the swap please do! Question are they catching fish? And what type. I would love to get together a small bunch of likemeinder fly fishers for a day on the salt and an alternate day on the fresh either a dam or close by stream.

Any way thanks for the contribution very nice!

essential for any river fro mMay till September!!!!! but yeah you do feel dirty!!!!!! :biggrin2:

I tell you what, they're pretty damn good on the ranbows at TCD when their nesting on the banks too! You might get a few dirty looks from the purists, and they get even dirtier when you go home with a fish and they don't :D

I tell you what, they're pretty damn good on the ranbows at TCD when their nesting on the banks too! You might get a few dirty looks from the purists, and they get even dirtier when you go home with a fish and they don't :D

Even dirtier looks when you usea hot orange tungsten bead hare and copper wit ha glo bug dropper!!!! No they are a deadly tie and I don't give hoot! I love the filthy looks a dry fly purist gives you when you start outfishing them using a nicely weighted nymph! What a lot of fly fisherman don'trealise is a trouts diet is made up of 90 pwrcent nymphs and aqautic life the other 10 percent of terrestials is pure oportunism, but when it happens they go nuts for instance a mice year in the South Island that is a must do oon everyones list!

I'd like to see a picture of that rig, can't really picture it in my head...

I find it funny how the only "true" fly fisherman is one who exclusively fishes dry flies. I personally am a fan of the "meat and potatoes" wooly bugger. Easy to tie, easy to use and tends to be quite an effective wet fly...

Mind you, it is a lot of fun when the trout are rising and you can see the fish take your fly!

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Reeseman I like the Saltie flys your tying there at the moment my tying kit is limited to F/W if you want to get in on the swap please do! Question are they catching fish? And what type. I would love to get together a small bunch of likemeinder fly fishers for a day on the salt and an alternate day on the fresh either a dam or close by stream.

Any way thanks for the contribution very nice!

Thanks Luderick,

I have had a few hits with whiting, bream and garfish, but i only tested them out once last year in the salt, i caught about 6 small redfin at my uncles place about 6 months back, but truth be told i dont know too much about fly fishing at all, i own 2 rods both 6wt. Between work uni and the misses i have no time to fish, i do practice in the back yard now and then i figured practising my fly casting is one way to keep me sane.

Cheers Reeseman