Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished Lilli Pilli early this morning, throwing out into the deeper water. Pulled out 7 tailor to the 40cm mark, and dropped a bigger one at the boat, plenty of reddies but only one of legal size, and 2 blue spot flatties to 41cm. Have caught the occasional blue spot in the deep water near Lilli Pilli before. I had a few cooked prawns that were left for too long in the fridge, so I used pieces of them thrown into the shallower water for 3 bream. The other fish took pillies and salted bonito strips.

Pumped a few nippers and drifted the Lilli Pilli flats for 5 more bream to over 30cm and 2 whiting. A breeze was blowing against the current, so it made drifting a bit difficult and I left the fish biting.

Most of the bream and a few tailor were released, still have enough for a couple of feeds.

When I pulled the boat out of the water at my mother's place on Gunnamatta Bay, the old seagull was waiting for a feed as usual. In the side of his neck was a thin piece of steel rod about 15cm long, which appeared to have a spike under the skin, similar to a small arrow. Could not get close enough to catch him, he seemed to fly easy enough with the rod hanging from his skin. 2 weeks ago he did not have the steel rod hanging from his neck, so it has happened recently. Possibly someone shooting at the birds in the Gunnamatta Bay area.

Yowie.

Fished Lilli Pilli early this morning, throwing out into the deeper water. Pulled out 7 tailor to the 40cm mark, and dropped a bigger one at the boat, plenty of reddies but only one of legal size, and 2 blue spot flatties to 41cm. Have caught the occasional blue spot in the deep water near Lilli Pilli before. I had a few cooked prawns that were left for too long in the fridge, so I used pieces of them thrown into the shallower water for 3 bream. The other fish took pillies and salted bonito strips.

Pumped a few nippers and drifted the Lilli Pilli flats for 5 more bream to over 30cm and 2 whiting. A breeze was blowing against the current, so it made drifting a bit difficult and I left the fish biting.

Most of the bream and a few tailor were released, still have enough for a couple of feeds.

When I pulled the boat out of the water at my mother's place on Gunnamatta Bay, the old seagull was waiting for a feed as usual. In the side of his neck was a thin piece of steel rod about 15cm long, which appeared to have a spike under the skin, similar to a small arrow. Could not get close enough to catch him, he seemed to fly easy enough with the rod hanging from his skin. 2 weeks ago he did not have the steel rod hanging from his neck, so it has happened recently. Possibly someone shooting at the birds in the Gunnamatta Bay area.

Yowie.

Good to hear there are fish about.

Bad to hear there are Wan6ers about shooting birds.

God I would love to catch someone doing something like that. A good old fashion beat down is what they need :wife: