Port Stephens

Slink

Hi Folks ,

I am going to tow the Seafarer up to a mates houes at Port Stephens in a couple of weeks , looking forward to it big time. We will be hoping to catch bait then either slow troll for kings or drag big lures around for anything on top .

Only problem is that I havent been out fishing there before so I dont have any spots or Gps marks .

Can any of you kind people point me in the right direction ? What are they getting there at the moment ?

Thanks guys

Brad

There should be some kings and salmon around. Good bonito aswell. Troll the headlands and offshore islands with Yo-Zuri Hydro Magnums in 140mm or 120mm for kings and other pelagics. Bright colours are best. My favourite colour is Dorado! Any sizeable deep diver should do well though. This is the time of year where they get dollies, Striped Tuna, Mackerel Tuna, Longtail Tuna and even the odd spanish and spotted mackerel. Your best chance of a mackerel is probably trolling the islands and headlands.

See PM for GPS marks etc.

One of my favourite places to fish. So easy to get bait. Best bet is to target the islands I find. There are some really good reefs out there loaded with Kings. Just follow the floatilla of boats.

But I would put livies down around Cabbage Tree and Broughton.

Make sure you check the zones, its a nightmare navigating around there.

Kurt