New to Sydney!

MPEN

Hi all!

Firstly, great forum you have here ....a wealth of information that I am sure will come in very handy!

I am relocating to Sydney in a month or two and was hoping to meet a few guys who can show me the local ropes for general boating and also game / out wide angling.

I will be in the market shortly to purchase a boat around the 6.5m mark and am keen to meet people who are able to show me what the local scene has to offer with the view of doing future joint off shore trips etc... together when my boat comes in (not sure if the 2 or 3 boat buddy system is popular in Sydney for safety).

Of course I am able to split costs and assist with boat / fish cleaning etc...

Best,

Sorry, probably should add:

I am male

Non smoker

limit of 2 beers out on the water

Clean and tidy freak when it comes to fishing.

Edited by MPEN

G'day mpen

How are ya? What sort of fishing are you keen on getting amongst? We are often a man down for trolling. Should be out plenty over Christmas. Send me a pm if you're keen, only problem is its a dry boat, (beers once it's clean) and me and my mate both smoke.

Cheers Leo

G'day mpen

How are ya? What sort of fishing are you keen on getting amongst? We are often a man down for trolling. Should be out plenty over Christmas. Send me a pm if you're keen, only problem is its a dry boat, (beers once it's clean) and me and my mate both smoke.

Cheers Leo

Hi Leo!

Thanks for the reply.

No problem re: being a dry boat ....I prefer not to drink on the water at all but don't mind if others have a beer or two. Smoking is fine too.

I enjoy all types and like to mix up my fishing. From beach fishing for sand whiting, fly fishing for trout to land based game fishing and offshore game fishing for either sharks, tuna, etc.... or bottom bouncing for snapper / gummy etc...

Where do you guys generally head out to and what do you target? What type of boat do you have?

PS: I don't get into Sydney until mid to late January.

Head out in my mates quintrex, 530 spirit (5.6m overall), so we have to pick our days

Got riggers and all the gear au have started heading wider for tuna and trolling for marlin, when weather permits. And do a fair bit of snapper fishing as well. Always up for trying new things. Let us know when you're in Sydney and we will tee something up.

Cheers Leo