Balmoral Whalf

night_rider

Hey Guys,

Ran out to Balmoral whalf for a little session with the other half last night, she hadn't caught a fish before so i thought a few little bream would go ok.

Got a few of course. BUT

The other people at the whalf threw out a fillet of a brim that died from hook harm on the way in. Half an hour later OMG OMG OMG i have a shark, after seeing the fin 20 off metres of the pier.

I was like "win" dropped my rod to run over, a beautiful Port Jackson, this thing looked massive!

I would gestimate it at around 1.2 metres, almost as long of the width of two pilons!

They were up on the high part of the whalf, while trying to bring it in the rod snapped!

I said quick jump down other wise its going to break your line on the pil..... "PING"

Laters to the shark, it touched the oyster pilon and darted off.

Beautiful shark, i have never seen on of these before in real life.

Fantastic colour and lots of camo stripes.

Sorry i didnt get a photo, by the time i ran back to my tackle box to get my phone, it had snapped the line!

:ranting2: suddenly my 50cm flatty I'd caught earlier in the day wasnt so cool ><

M.

I'm pretty sure port jacksons are protected anyways but was a costly catch and release lol

Its funny you say that, i was asked "can you eat them" i replied "pretty sure they are protected"

Although they arent on the Balmoral Whalf fishing chart sign thing at all :/

It was awesome to see, each stroke of its tail moved the thing a few metres. What an animal!