Winner winner Trout for Dinner

squidboy

Ok started the week looking at the weather and trying to work out when to get kings, squid or jews. With the weather telling me rain, wind and swell every single day and getting a different result when it came around I was getting kinda tired with the weather man. So last night I spoke to my dad and decided I am going trout fishing at Lake Lyell. Got myself some trusty earthworms from my back yard and went to bed.

We arrived this morning, no wind, no rain and the swell was about 3mm. Perfect weather we threw some earth worms out and waited. I put a hand full of worms on a circle hook and just waited around. After about two hours I finally got a sms on my fishing rod, only to loose the fish. Was not very happy, but persisted with more bait.

Next was a big fish, and I mean BIG. This fish was like fighting a salmon in the harbour, it even jumped. Fish was guided by my dad onto shore and it was a horse! Measured 58cm and I weighed it is at home at 2kilos, and was a male brown. Nothing further for a while till the wind picked up to 10 knots, the swell was about 5cm and the sun was still out with a few freindly clouds. The fish was another cracker, this time spending more time in the air than in the water. But wait, low and behold, it measured the same. Unbelieveable, me and my dad looked at each other, and say, measure it again. Yep, 58cm, but wait, it was also 2kilos at home. This fis was a female I think. Could be FR record too to to it off.

All in all, my PB Brown trout was broken today, and almost re-broken. top day, given the weather in Sydney doesnt look the best. To add further information:

1. Water was slighly discoloured from clear

2. Probably fished in about 3 metres in depth (Rough estimate)

3. Spot, well closer to the park where you pay at the gates

If possible can a moderator help me put this catch on fish of the month please? Hope you all enjoy the report.

Squidboy

post-2763-070108000 1323228945_thumb.jpg