Fishing South Coast Bermagui

musty

Its probably a long shot but since its not going to cost me anything I'm going to ask/offer anyway! :074:

I will be based in Bermagui and fishing Bermi and the surrounding estuaries/lakes etc for the all of next week out of my kayak :yahoo: If anyone is local or heading to the area and wants to catch up for a fish or a beer and bbq send me a msg.

Musty

Musty

Wish i could bring my boat down and go chasing kings with ya mate. Bermy is unreal. Go see the boys in the tackle shop across from the river ramp, they will point you well. Paddle outside the Bar/Heads/ Rivermouth and go to the point of the bay, ( Its normally well protected Especially if the wind is from the south ). Try anything there. I wouldnt be surprised what you would catch there. Live bait, Salmon, Taylor, Squid, Groper, You could even pick up a small king if your lucky. Try it,

Dave

Musty

Wish i could bring my boat down and go chasing kings with ya mate. Bermy is unreal. Go see the boys in the tackle shop across from the river ramp, they will point you well. Paddle outside the Bar/Heads/ Rivermouth and go to the point of the bay, ( Its normally well protected Especially if the wind is from the south ). Try anything there. I wouldnt be surprised what you would catch there. Live bait, Salmon, Taylor, Squid, Groper, You could even pick up a small king if your lucky. Try it,

Dave

Yeh mate my first stop is always at the tackle shop there, Scotty and the boys are always very helpfull and accurate with information. You've nailed it on the head too! Aside from fishing Wallaga and the Bermi river I was planning to slow troll a livie around the point hopefully for a king or maybe bit of fun on a shark. Do you know of any reefs in close I could do some bottom bashing or snapper fishing on?

if you have the time make sure you come on down! What a great part of the world hey.

Musty

Musty

A Few months ago the kingies were going crazy about 1Km straight out off the point. Not sure how far you go out in a kayak. But for snapper i dont fish reefs close to bermy. I head south about 18km by boat and there is some excellent snapper grounds in close. you wouldnt paddle that far down but it is natianal park on the shore there so i imagine you could drive down and close to these spots. I dont want to give away too much as i often fish these excellent reefs down south with no other boats. ( All these spots i have sounded out myself and not in any books ). Try places like Cuttagee, Murrah, Goalen. Oh and one well known one in close is Three Brothers rock which is a short way south of bermy on the north end of Cuttagee beach. I would also try the Bombie on the headland near the Blue pool. Bears beach and camel rock might produce flatties on the bottom and salmon on top. :wacko: Ive given alot away here but nothing that you wouldnt find out from the tackle shop and the friendly locals.

Hope this helps. Dave