Nepean wild bass

nat

Hey guys, Decicded to take advantage of the break in the weather yesterday & headed out in the yak to chase my little bronze buddies.. Got to the carpark & it was full of vans & trucks I nearly turned around & went home thinking the river was full of yakers. It turns out they were a film crew shooting scenes for packed to the rafters, yay!!

I was the only one out. After about ten minutes my soft shell cicada got smashed & the little bugger ran straight into the sticks, lucky for me I was running 15pd leader!!! Lost the fish but managed to get my lure back.

Not long after I got smashed again & this time she ran out into the open & after a good fight I landed this very healthy looking bass. BILD0223%252520-%252520Copy.JPG

As I reached into the net I noticed it was tagged so I got the id number took a quick snap & made sure she swam away to fight another day. The bite went off when the wind picked up so I flicked all the back with 1 more small fish. Bumped into some guys in a canadian & a yak who only caught 1 between them. It has been a little quite this year I put in down to the crap weather. Hopefully it will improve & the cicadas will start singing soon??

When I got home I emailed the details through to the appropriate organization & knocked back a cold one. Oh yeah & i nailed a 44cm a couple of weeks ago back upstream when the water was running really quick from all the rain but no photo. Got that one on a atomic sub surface... Fancy not having a photo of your pb!!!!

Edited by nat

Nice One Mate, They tagged about 200 fish when they rebuilt the fishways Bass, carp, eels and catfish. I got two with tags just after the weirs were finished. They sent me out a couple of cod lures for my Troubles and gave me the history of the fish.

Cheers

Edited by mccmark

Nice solid bass. I know of a few tagged fish being caught this season, Should provide fisheries with some useful information.

The recent rain has certainly slowed the fishing. Hopefully the warm weather will be back soon.