Berkley Venom vs Shimano T-curve

JET01

I noticed the Venom series seem to be on clearance sale on a few online sites.

I know Swordie loves his Blood Python, but was wondering if there was anyone out there that has fished both t-curve and venom in a 2-4 1piece and what the difference was.

I'm thinking about getting one last rod to round out the collection for my inaugural year of Southern squidgy bream tournaments. I'm going to have 4 rods set up. Plastics, popper, hardbody, blade.

I've got 2 1-4kg t-curve flight rods ( a 6'6 and a 7ft) , but i'm not sure if the new t-curve tournaments are the same blank.

Seeing as the Venom series are on special, thought i might get one at the more reasonable price.

The specs seem to be different between the berkley website and the online retailer that has them on sale. I'm thinking the 2-4 6'10" or 2-4 6'9" in the Venom range vs the 661 2-5kg T-curve tournament.

I like to keep my rods around the 6'6 mark as I'll be fishing out of the yak, anything longer gets hard to handle in the event of a tip wrap.

Anyone have any feedback on these?

I'm biased but the Berkley Venom is the best rod i've ever owned, i've got the Death Adder 2-4kg and it leaves Shimano for dead in its class.

The power it has down low can stop the most stubborn fish yet still has a fast taper up the tip. When it gets under load you'll think it's going to break but it is far from breaking.

I'm biased but the Berkley Venom is the best rod i've ever owned, i've got the Death Adder 2-4kg and it leaves Shimano for dead in its class.

The power it has down low can stop the most stubborn fish yet still has a fast taper up the tip. When it gets under load you'll think it's going to break but it is far from breaking.

What makes you biased? Is it because the site is sponsored by Purefishing? hahaha

I really like the look of the handles on the Venoms. I'd prefer cork, but the fact that there's lot of handle where you actually HANDLE the rod, is something that really caught my eye. It was the main reason why I went for a Pflueger Trion over a Berkley Dropshot when i first started fishing, then then the same with the T-curve flights when upgrading.

My decision is yet to be made.

I own a fistful of T-Curves including a 2-4kg model. I also now own a couple of Venoms... not a 2-4 but I do have a Copperhead 3-5kg.

They're chalk and cheese... The Venoms are vastly my preference. In face, my 2-4kg T-Curve almost never sees the water. It has a much slower action than the 1-3kg and 2-5kg T-Curves I also have and I prefer fast action blanks.

Since you've said there are venoms going for good prices, I'm now going shopping!!

Cheers, Slinky