Retractible Dolly Wheels

Big Bob

I`ve had the same probs with mine on my other car as it sat pretty low. Havent had that problem too bad with the Rodeo, but I always make sure the handle is facing up and tighted as tight as I can do it!

Could you perhaps turn the hitch reciever upside down and raise the ball slightly? That may give you the clearance you need. Or get a slightly higher towball. Did that with the Skyline and it actually helped heaps!

Sorry guys but whats a dolly wheel??? :confusuion:  :confusuion:

Its the wind up wheel at the front of the trailer that takes the weight of the boat and trailer when you un-hook it from the car.

Get a protector welded on for just the reason you explain..... will take plenty of knocks and scrapes with taking out the dolly wheel.

The one on my tinnie trailer pictured

Edited by Mike.L

Hi I go with Iain on the Dolly wheel.safer in the boot. If you have a boat trailer you can lift fairly easy,I would recommend a piece of pipe, which goes down where the dolly wheel goes and drill 3 holes to take a 6" nail which will give variouse heights to suit the drainage you need.I am trying to post a photo of mine but i have not had much success in the past,so try to think of the pipe in the hole,then lift the trailer up by the coupling and slip the 6" nail through one of the holes you have made,and the trailer shaft drops gently down onthe nail. :D :beer: