Shimano Stradic FJ

clemsy

Hi raiders,

Happy New Year! I just wanted to know if any of you raiders have used the Shimano Stradic FJ, particularly the 1000 model? How do you rate it and is it worth it to get a Ci4 for an extra $40?

Edited by clemzii

I have 3 models of stradic and the ci4 is worth it :biggrin2: shop around

Ah okay, I'll have a look around. Although one thing about shopping around, would it be better to buy reels at that price online (in Australia) or just at the local store? It would seem buying online, you don't really get to have a look at it before you buy it (if there are any problems with it or being faulty)?

Any recommendations?

Oh sorry I meant buying online within Australia. If I do buy online in Australia, and something happens to the reel, would I be better off shipping it back to the reatiler or just going to the Shimano service centre? (which is not too far for me)

Oh sorry I meant buying online within Australia. If I do buy online in Australia, and something happens to the reel, would I be better off shipping it back to the reatiler or just going to the Shimano service centre? (which is not too far for me)

Hmmm, I think it's a rare case it would be damaged, or the retailer & Auspost would be out of business.

But on the rare occassion if it does, I would contact the place\retailer you got it from, as they would be responsible for packaging the item, I.e. with bubble wrap etc. Surely the retailer will take care of it.

Ah sorry for the confusion, I meant if after I've recovered it and something happens under warranty. Should I mail it back to the retailer or just drive to the shimano service centre and do it myself there?