repairn or not

Broke the top of my luvias 701 mfs spin stick about 200 mil down can it be repaired or needs be thrown out :mad3: :mad3:

If can be repaired where please.

Can you unscrew the bottom (other end of the rod)?

You could try go clean cut the top, insert a tip, through the other end, make it come out at the top, and fix it there. The quality would of course suffer

The only practical option is to clean up the end, put a new tip runner on (and if necessary, reposition the other guides, and turn it into a shorter rod. It won't be the same of course but the only other option is to throw it away. Either way, you'll need a new 7' spin rod.

Cheers, Slinky

• 1 year later...

Im sure this is probably to late but hopefully will help people in the future. A mate of mine snapped around 150mm off his brand new black lable and I took it down to a rod builder friend of mine who managed to find a sutible section rod section to sleave the rod and put the 2 pieces back together. It feels almost exactly the same as it did originally just a tiny bit stiffer in the tip.

• 1 year later...

Over the last 50 years I have broken my fair number of rods. In the early days, being fibreglass, repairs were acceptable, though never the same. With modern rod technology, which we love, I think that you would not be happy with the result. However as Slinky said, you may be able to turn it into a different stick - 20 cm is not that much and I dont think you will ever get your original rod back, but you may get a new weapon!. Steve